Ichthys is a short documentary directed and produced by Christos Karalias. While I was in charge of the technical objects of the project (cinematography, audio, post production), Christos interviewed the characters of the story.
“A six-member family is living in a land with tall fences outside Athens. A house full of children’s voices, music, a family band and “homemade” movies. A different approach to life and to the upbringing of children into responsible adults, based on love and their relationship with Jesus. A student project that ended up as a complete documentary.”
Update (Sep. 2016) At the time I am working with Christos in editing the material. Due to our small team, the documentary is expected to be ready for the screen over the next few months.
Update (Jan. 2017) Finally, Ichthys is ready for screening. The documentary will be available in the 19th Thessaloniki Doc Market from 5 – 11/03/2017.
Update (Feb. 2017) Official Selection Thessaloniki Doc Festival 2017.
Update (Apr. 2017)
- Municipal Theatre, Lamia (Action by Roumelis Municipal Regional Theatre)
- Central Public Library, Grevena (Regional Screenings by Thessaloniki Doc Festival)
- Apollon Theatre (Rethimno Cinema Club)
Update (May 2017) Samos Regional Amphitheatre (Regional Screenings by Thessaloniki Doc Festival)
Update (Jul. 2017)
- Cyprus Community Club, Sydney (Greek Film Society Sydney, regional screening by Thessaloniki Doc Festival)
- Festival Psarokokalo (National Competition), Sifnos
- Director: Christos Karalias
- Cinematography: Christos Karalias, Pano Ponti, Thenia Petsava
- Producer: Pano Ponti
- Editor: Pano Ponti
- Co-Producer: SAE Athens
- Music: Athanasios Lazarou, Elias Kourtparasidis
- Additional Footage: Athanasios Lazarou
- Color Correction: Pano Ponti